It has been almost two weeks since I last posted here.
Life has been busy but not exciting.Here is some of what has been going on:
- I continue to knit and crochet in odd moments.
- A few dishcloths have been made. Some will stay here while others will go to assorted new homes.
- Work continues on the Comfortghan for a friend at work. It is going very slowly.
- My family and I have been diligently cleaning out and rearranging the basement of our home. This has consumed the past couple of weekends I have not worked for my employer.
- Work is going through a super busy phase. There are days when I come home so tired it is all I can to have a snack combined with family time and go to bed. Sleep takes over.
- This is allergy season for my family. It saps our energy. We sleep, try to eat healthy foods and force a lot of fluids to keep going.
- As a person with heart disease, exercising is a must. Walking daily, or at least trying to, is a priority. I can now walk almost a mile before needing to stop and catch my breath. My goal is to be walking five miles daily by my next appointment with the cardiologist.
- We homeschool. Family time and teaching/learning time are a high priority and as such dominate life in my household.
- I belong to some online email groups and have another blog. Mail is way behind in all of these areas. I feel badly about it, but am trying to catch up.
These are the things that have taken my time and attention from this blog. It is life and it is important.
Posted in Fiber Arts
Tagged Blogging, Crocheting, Dishcloths, Family, Fiber Arts, Heart Disease, Homeschooling, Knitting, Life, Nursing, wash cloths
This weekend proved to be very fun and interesting. On Saturday we explored a historic part of one of the nearby towns. It has several antique shops most of which are in some of the old houses. Our goals were to:
- Have a good time.
- Do some treasure hunting.
- Maybe learn some history.
- Have some good family time.
All of those things happened. We explored until we were tired and ready to come home. I found some soon to be containers for hooks and needles:
Sunday found us at a flea market a little less than an hour from home. My husband and I have been talking about going there for a long time. This place was much larger than we has anticipated so it turned out to be quite an adventure. It would have been worth the time if we had not purchased anything. My treasure was a bunch of needle arts books. Here are pictures of a few of them:
The lady from whom they were purchased said they originally belonged to a friend of hers who had to move out of her home. After a bit of negotiation, I paid $18 for more than one hundred books and magazines. As you can tell there are both knitting and crocheting books here. Some a newer and others are a bit older. Each is a treasure in its own right. Together they are an amazing find. 🙂
It feels like it has been forever since I have written anything here. Life has just been busy.
We have geared up academics now that the end of August has arrived. This means me concentrating on being organized and preparing lesson ideas a few days in advance. Even if they are not written down, they are in my head…..What a scary place to be. LOL!
For the past few weeks my only knitting or crochet time is in the car with my husband on the way to and from work. Mostly I am making some MDK Ballband dishcloths. Not only are they an addiction, but since I make them using 33 or 39 stitches, they fit my hands easily and well. There are more than a dozen in my kitchen. This way I don’t hesitate to be particular about changing them often.
Today I realized that the last week of August is approaching. This means that I had better get busy and start making some dishcloths as Christmas gifts for some people on my gift list. I can’t name them in case they happen to read this. It is also time to get busy making some red scarves for the Orphan Foundation of America. Last year I did not learn about this until a few weeks before scarves needed to be dropped off for them. This year I want to be prepared for this event by having some scarves made in advance. Once it gets to be a little bit cooler my needles will start having red yarn them.
I have rambled enough for now…..More will come later.