I have been thinking about my goals related to knitting and crocheting for the upcoming year. This includes projects to finish and do; books and other items to buy; changes to make to my blogs; and new yarns/threads to try.
I would like to finish:
- Weaving in loose ends on and mail squares for a group project in which I am participating.
- The scarf on my needles for the Red Scarf Project
- The pair of socks started last year
- An afghan for myself started a couple of years ago.
Some items I would like to buy are:
- A set of Crystal Palace Bamboo Double PointedKnitting Needles.
- Some circular Addi Knitting Needles
- At least one or two hooks and/or needles from Jenkins Woodworking
- A digital camera.
Here is a list of books I want to add to my collection of fiber related books:
- Barbara Walker’s Treasuries and Mosaic Knitting
- Socks Soar on Two Circular Needles by Cat Bordhi.
- Any other books written by Cat Bordhi
- Any and all of the Harmony Guide to Knitting found here or here
- Exquisite Little Knits
- The Encyclopedia of Tunisian Crochet
Most of the fiber related tools and books will come from a favorite LYS or nearby bookstore.
I want to try out some of the novelty yarns that I have not been able to purchase while I was not working. The list is long and will change as I explore some LYS’s and other places.
Another goal is to post to all of my blogs more regularly and often. Purchasing a digital camera will make it possible to post pictures of projects while making them and once they are done.
Some of the items I want to make this year are:
- Scarves for the Red Scarf project
- At least one more pair of socks after completing the unfinished pair
- At least a dozen dishcloths for my sister
- More dishcloths for my household
- Keeping up with the Monthly Dishcloth KAL
- Trying out patterns in my copy of the Mason Dixon Book that I have not yet tried.
This list does not include other items made that go to charities. My philosophy is to keep charity giving a private matter, with two exceptions. The first is my support of the Red Scarf project. The second is that I will discuss it with a charity related online group to which I belong.
Some techniques I would like to learn or improve my skills with are:
- Knitting lace. This might be a scarf or shawl. I don’t know yet, but my favorite LYS will be able to help with this project.
- Tunisian Crochet
- Sock making
- Use of double pointed knitting needles
- Intarsia knitting and crochet
The year 2007 promises to be a very busy people and fiber filled year. It sounds like fun. 🙂
What about yours?